IGEL Adds Support for Windows® 10 Devices to UMS
An extension of IGEL’s industry-leading Universal Management Suite (UMS), the software provides secure and centralized management of Microsoft® Windows 10 mobile and desktop workspaces
IGEL Technology, a world leader in the development of powerful workspace management software, software-defined thin clients, and thin and zero client solutions, has announced that the IGEL Unified Management Agent (UMA), first introduced in November 2015, now supports Microsoft Windows 10 mobile and desktop workspaces.
“Managing an organisation’s endpoints and executing software updates and patch management for notebook computers and desktop workstations can be time consuming, even for the most seasoned IT pros,” said Simon Richards, Managing Director for IGEL Technology in the UK and Ireland. “IGEL’s UMA, along with our entire suite of modern workspace management solutions, reduces the burden on IT organisations by providing them with the ability to permanently standardise the remote management of their virtual and cloud desktops, Desktop as a Service (DaaS) and Client as a Service (ClaaS) infrastructure, regardless of the desktop configuration scenario.”
Operating as an extension of IGEL’s industry-leading UMS software, the IGEL UMA makes integrated management of virtual, cloud and desktop environments possible, providing secure and centralised remote management of thin clients, desktop computers and notebooks running Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7, the IGEL Linux operating system, and now Windows 10.
Furthermore, with the IGEL UMA, there is no need to modify or convert an existing Windows operating system, as it can be installed directly on endpoint devices, which can then be conveniently administered by the IT organisation via the IGEL UMS.
Some of the key workspace management capabilities offered by the IGEL UMA include:
• VDI session support for Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp, VMware Horizon and Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP);
• Modification and configuration of Internet Explorer, user interface and network settings, printer management and selected security and systems management functions within Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems;
• VNC remote assistance for support and helpdesks, which is available free of charge via the IGEL UMS;
• Sophisticated and secure shadowing (VNC) including logging and the group-based allocation of rights; and,
• Easy configuration of Windows firewall and routing settings within the network options.